Thursday, September 04, 2003

Kissed by a spider

I woke up
this morn with my lower lip sorta swollen and numb.

I went back to sleep.

The nice lady cop who woke me up later suggested that I might have been bitten by a spider, that it was really swollen and if I felt at all dizzy or nauseous to get my ass to the hospital promptly.

I took the citation and thanked her. But I felt fine, if slightly silly with a swollen lip, so I havent gone to the hospital.

Man, I did not expect California to be absolutely crawling with spiders as it is. The natives suggest I watch out particularly for the brown spiders, which is supposed to have a nasty adverse bite.

Ive been pretty careful I thought.

Maybe it was an ant. Those are everywhere here too.

Its subsided greatly now, but it still looks like I came out on the wrong side of a fight.

Heh. A nice young lady with piercings and tattoos tried to chat me up just now and I was hiding my lip as best I can.

I think she took it personally thinkiing i was being standoffish.

I wasnt. I just didnt want to talk with a fat lip.

yar, Im getting sick of this.
--------
From today's Morning Marn (tm)
Remember that movie "Love Story"? Remember the catch-phrase from it: "Love means never having to say you're sorry"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

JPennant: *sigh* im not gonna apologise anymore to anyone with issues
k a t e: whatcha mean
JPennant: women
k a t e: tell me
JPennant: nah, I dont want you blowing up at me too
JPennant: :-)
k a t e: what go ahead
JPennant: Do women realize that men arent usually TRYING to be insensitive??
JPennant: jaysus
JPennant: nah, no more apologising for hurt feelings
JPennant: not my job
JPennant: women are silly
JPennant: so there
k a t e: oh you hurt me!
JPennant: hehehehe
k a t e: so , what happened
JPennant: eh, Im just tired of wimmen using me as their whipping boy
k a t e: :-(
JPennant: meh, I aint apologising for no good reason
k a t e: good for you:-)
k a t e: you shouldnt
JPennant: *nod*
I did my level best not to whine, but oh, man, I'm sure more than a little whining crept into my voice by the end of my, uh, full and frank sharing of my point of view.

I think the volume might have also risen a tad.

I was waiting for his full and frank reply, steeling myself for a rise in volume and annoyance from his side.

He let me down.

"I'm sorry," he said.

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

You want to know the worst part of this?

He meant it.

I HATE IT WHEN HE DOES THIS. By being mature, he's robbed me of the fun of ratcheting up the full and frank discussions AND forced me to respond in an adult manner.

I actually had to acknowledge that he made some good points.

In a moment of weakness I may have actually forgiven him, too.

Look, he caught me off guard.

*grump* I still aint apologisin for shit I didnt do.
---
And the person in question apologised later.

To give her credit fer being mature.

*grump*






No comments: