Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Dream machine

I walked across the street past the building where you pay the parking tickets and saw It.

It.

Perfectly styled, rakish, practical. THE scooter of my dreams.

I've always had a yen for scooters, even with my aversion to motorcycles (riding, safety, splat issues).

A scooter is the perfect get around machine. I dream of having one small enough to navigate a crowded city like San Francisco, but with enough oomph to get up the hills and zoom across the bridges.

Where a motorcycle is too much and a bicycle, well where a bicycle is too much work.

Something that crosses the line between motoring and going walkabout.

Ive always kept an eye out for one that could carry a big guy like me, powerful enough to take to the highways, practical enough to go shopping with but small enough to handle the city.

This motorcycle-styled tidbit is it.

Time slowed down as I approached it, and I hollered to the brothers to check it out.

Men LIKE machinery. It like candy.

A crowd quickly gathered.

We spent much time looking at the Dream Machine.

Perfect.

A choice machine such as this would definitely need a "blip blip" alarm tho.. dangit.
----------
It fell to hand as if hewn to my form.

I twirled the camera into position, aimed, fired.

The photo salesmen all react in awe.

"You know way more about these cameras than we do!" they chorus.

I never keep the S602 or S7000 in my hand for too long. That would seem callow.

I always power down the machines and hand it back to them, surely, but gently.

For me, this is reinforcement of my intentions.

But, Im counting the days .. yessiree...


No comments: