Friday, January 09, 2004

What happens afterward

Patterns, Im all about patterns.

(Analysis, it's a virgo sickness.)

Fr'instance, what happens AFTER mercury retrogrades.
When a cycle passes, the circle of people Im around has changed, as either Ive left a certain group or come into contact with another.

The transitions are often dramatic, usually in restrospect.

When I first got to the East Bay, I hung with folk enamored of the hedonist/Burning Man/hippie lifestyle.

That rapidly got old.

Since then Ive been around a wide range of Berkeley folk, most transitioning or on the low end of their luck.

Theyve been fucking amazing actually.

Now, I find myself transitioning again.

The good part of this pattern is that out of each period, I get to hang on to a few Good People, who stick around over the years.

In the long term, thats the best part.


No comments: