Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Ever notice :

You oft
get the most upset when trying to stay calm?

That would be my state o' being today.

Today's horrorscope
The most important thing today is that you refuse to give in to negative emotions, because the moment when you start seeing yourself as a victim is the moment when you invite other people to treat you as one.

You and you alone are master of your ship of fate, so stand tall and give the impression that nothing can blow you off course.


I had to change my schedules around today to accomodate the commands of others.

If you know anything about me, I am Least Likely to Respond to a Command, let alone requests..

Still, I mixed a bit of lemonade by making progress today...

But my state of being would be.... "Irked".

Yeah, thats it. Irked.

The phlegmmy cold and sore throat (never been THIS ongoing sickly in decades, I think) aint helpin matters.

So, Im in heavy Jedi Mind Trix mode trying to change my prevailing attitude from "Cloudy, with the likelihood of storms" to "Some sunshine".

Think of it as a work in progress, only helped by the fact Im making some major progress on the personal and professional level.

Still a bit irked tho.

As the astrologers point out, however:
Yes, there is so much you want to do.

But your impatience could be a serious handicap over the next 24 hours, so temper it with the knowledge that life always presents you new opportunities.


Aright, aright.


-----------
I guess this would fall under the category of an opportunity..

Mail from Tim the Photographer today

--- Tim wrote:
> Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:26:49 -0500
> Subject: Fancy a change?
> From: Tim
> To: Joe Pennant
>
> Thought you might be interested or know someone who
> may be interested in the
> following...

> ------ Forwarded Message
> From: **********@hawaii.gov
>
> Aloha folks,
> Our program is looking for volunteers from June to December 2004.
>
> Volunteers must be willing to camp in the field 4 -
> 6 nights per week and
> be capable of working late into the night. Some
> sites are reached by
> hiking 7 - 12 miles in hot weather conditions with a
> 30+ pound backpack.
> Volunteers must possess a valid US driver's license.
> Dorm style food and
> housing provided. ....


Great. Googly. Moogly.

Im still trying to pull my jaw into an upright position.

Of course, I have no DL, I hate hiking with a passion one can only dream of, Im low on the elctronic and camera gear, and no funds to support myself ..

..which would automatically have me taking a pass on even considering this.

But you know, miracles have been made on less.

And the cons sure as hell arent overwhelming the masive Pro of...

Hawaii.

On someone else's dime.


So.

Hm.

*scheme*
--------------


No comments: