Thursday, February 19, 2004

What surprised me was how casual I was trying to be.

"Did the conversation last more than 2 seconds?"
"Hi/bye? Nah, a couple of minutes. We were catching up. 'How ya doin/How's life', that kinda crap."
"Whooo, take out the life insurance policy. That girl has you pegged."
"Because I was being nice and didnt rush away?"
"No, because you stopped what you were doing, cut off the conversation to who you were talking to to devote your attention to her."
"Hmph. Nuttin' of the sort."

"Aright Joe... all bullshit, all theory, all ifs and buts out of it..."
"What?"
"If you could get back with her.."
"Never happen. We never even got to the point of kickin' it anyway."
"Look, the woman even remembered to the *day* a month and a half ago the last time she saw you, you had even forgotten about it."
"So?"
"My question is the same.. if everything was right, would you get back with her?"
"Hmmmm......"
"*buzzzzzzzzzzzz* You took too long. You would. Everybody else is just a pacifier compared to her.""


I was overly casual when I was with her. Who was I trying to covince? Her? or Me?

Heh, she's smarter than I am anyway. She probably does have me pegged.


No comments: