Thursday, March 04, 2004

The danger of money

Lately, Ive noticed ..

.. when I have money to spend, two-thirds of the time Im thinking of ways to spend it.

... when I dont have money, Im swearing to myself that when I DO have cash on hand, I'll only spend it on what I need.

Plus a donut. :-)

My aim is to spend the money I have on just the things I need, and then act like I have none.

Easier said than done, natch.
----
There is always more to spend money on.
--
Heh, of course, I find - no matter how much money I have...

I can never buy all that I want.

Funny how "wants" easily transmorgify into "needs", eh.


----
Today's horrorscope cautions:
It's better to focus on what you have rather than on what you want right now. Desires change with the tide. What you need is an anchor.
Sometimes, it is *very* hard to distinguish between "want" and "need".

I think Im getting carried away trying to get everything done now.
You're overextending your reach. Pare back expectations and maybe even renegotiate a deadline.

You'll find yourself back on solid ground.


*breathe* Right on.
-----
New York mantras:

  • Never pay retail.

  • Everything is 5 dollars.

    Hee.

    Ok, I must admit... a secret wish of mine is to be able to get what I want .. cheap.

    You know, "Fell off the back of a truck" cheap.

    Like Powerbooks for 250 bux.

    Hm.

    Still, I firmly believe in the Karma of Stolen Tools.

    As in, tools that are stolen never work properly.

    The Karma will sour any work done with them.

    And that applies to everything stolen thats not needed.

    Superstition? Maybe.

    But ..

    Good thing I dont have much money to play with.

    Even if I aint paying retail.

  • No comments: