Sunday, April 18, 2004

When Bullshit walks

In pursuing
your dreams there comes a point past all the effort, strain and defending of your dream.

It becomes time to live your dream.

It feels a lot like reality, except for the part where you are doing exactly what you wanted to do, and with a little effort and will, exactly what youve dreamt of doing.
-------
People have been giving me good advice:

"At some point, you do whats Good Enough. Dont compare yourself to other people, youre doing what YOU do."

"It really isnt all about you. Its also everyone who supports and believes in you. Its a community."

"Ive learned over the years, you do what you can, all that you can, and no more. You cant worry about what could be, you deal with THAT when you cross that bridge."


That was yesterday, and it is exactly what I needed to hear.
------
Speaking of advice, Tim the photographer has been giving me some..

On my push to get a studio:

"Look mate, you've got it made here. You dont NEED a studio. Then you have to worry about getting work to pay for it. No, get a place, work out of your home. If you need a studio, rent one or use the outdoors. Youve got great weather and light, and if you need heavy duty equipment, you can rent it."

Yeah. Very good advice from a man who is becoming one of the top pro commercial photographers. He's absolutely right.

Doesnt change that I WANT my own studio.

Currently, Im mulling the need to do some computer work to get some things done:

>thinking of printing a few flyers to do puter work

You know you can get some good moolah for doing that work but need to know when enough is enough. And then go do your own.

Yes. Because I cant get distracted from my dreams. He understands.
---------
*sigh* Looks like LeGirl is reverting to form.

I might be over-reacting to a few days of sudden silence. Then again..

No, it's too soon to move on. I should be more patient.

Nah.

Eh. Pity. The second time around looked so promising..


No comments: