Thursday, May 13, 2004

Quality Time
"And then you get what you want. Oh my god. What a *fuckin'* nightmare!"

- Marissa Tomei (I forget her characters name) in 'My Cousin Vinny'


Ive not had as much time to sit and write, even with a machine at hand.

Naturally, Im gonna blame the Taurean for some of this.

To be fair, its not like she is monopolizing alla my time. At all. She gives me room. (Although being a beautiful woman, she does get a bit peeved at not getting the attention she's used to. Meh. I didnt come to her, she picked ME up.)

But the boyfriend/girlfriend thing is throwing off my rhythm, man.

Im used to sitting at the coffeeshop.. alone.. or flirting with the Japanese/Italian/LA student du jour (living in Berkeleytown does have its benefits, yes indeedy)... with my headphones on, writing.

Now, I often have company.

I give up the laptop so she can check *her* mail. Have a conversation. Play footsies under the table.

Oh my god, what a fuckin' nightmare!

And thats why Ive not had much time to write.

Scene.



No comments: