Wednesday, June 16, 2004


100 ways to motivate


From: Joe Pennant
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:41:14 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tim H.
Subject: I need some motivation

Aright Tim,

The damned show is behind me..

I need to get motivated.

I need to make some income.

And most of all.. I need to start taking pictures
again.

Any inspirational words?


Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:52:52 -0400
Subject: Re: I need some motivation
From: "Tim H."
To: "Joe Pennant"

Don't think it just do it.
Too much thinking means nothing gets done.
Do what you like.
Then figure out how to make money doing it.

Or, alternatively, make money doing what you're really good at, this being I.T.
Then use the money to better photography.

And why can I give you advice and not follow my own?


Heh. Isnt that always the way? (Dont be fooled, he accomplished what he sets out to do.)

Thats prolly the same advice Id give myself, but advice is easier to follow from the outside rather than internally.

Ergo, it sounds like a plan.
--------
While walking in Emeryville to Fred's office, I walked by a innocuous looking door that said "The Linen Life".

I thought it was a place that sold Linen wholesale, and walked on.

Walking back, I noticed the door was open.. and several pristine Mercedes motorcars were parked inside, along with art, a stage and .. other stuff.

Turns out its an art gallery. And more.

I spoke to owner, who said, when I mentioned I was a photographer, answered:

"Bring your pictures, Id like to see them, show them."

Hm.

What interesting, I didnt intend to walk that route before or after....

I wonder if anything will come of this.





No comments: