Thursday, June 24, 2004


Excerpts from this afternoon's reading:

Tricianna.. who REALLY should write more often for those of us who enjoy her silky prose.

Now, if you've lived in NY for any space of time, only one word would suffice for any and each of the squares littered around Manhattan: crowded. Union Square on a sunny Friday afternoon was no different. There were people just walking, some just sitting, some just standing & waiting to be seen. Stand still for a minute. The whole city may not pass you by, but it sure feels darn close.


And..

While .... on the corner of B'way and 14th, I wish I had a camera. My mind was snapping images left and right; of girls in brightly printed skirts, of children with sloping ice cream cones, of couples strolling like the world belonged to nobody but them alone.

Man. Buttery.

And then there is Marn, eh.. who has been having computer problems:

Insert image of middle-aged woman rocking back and forth, mumbling gibberish. An ancient set of original DOS 2.1 diskettes are clutched in her hand, a reminder of simpler days.

Duuuude - ette. DOS 2.1? Much respect. I didnt geek out until DOS 4.
Dell cases are somewhat tricky to open. She futzed with it a bit. "I have the owner's manual," I mentioned casually as she wrestled with the intricacies of the case. She waved me off.

Geeks do not need manuals.

Mostly.

Unless they're wrestling with a Dell case.

Score: Dell 1, Geek 0.


Whoo doggie! I remember my first Dell server case!!
*kneeslap*
And I did RTFM. Eventually. 2 hours later.

Anyhoo, about cats:

Earlier in the day I was outside on the back deck hanging clothes when Norma ran up the fire escape with a present in her mouth, mewling with obvious pride.

She dropped it at my feet. "That's a beautiful dead thing Normie," I told her. Her tail shot up in the air, a sign of kitty happiness. She looked up at me. Clearly she wanted to hear more. I examined her dead thing, a creature of the rodential ilk.

Really, it's hard to know what to say to a cat sometimes.

I *know*. They just look at me like Im just effin *daft* when I do it.

Of course, creatures other than cats oft look at me that way when I talk ..


No comments: