Thursday, July 15, 2004


"The City of Mine"

Hrm.

Yesterday, I spent far too much time online.

*giggle* The San Francisco Public Library has ethernet ports and FREE wireless, man!

Not even Berkeley does that.

This city is rich in so many ways.

But I was inside almost all day, and that isnt good. I should be out and about, exploring.

There is a lot to see and find.
--------
Back in 2000, Karla, a former co-worker at TheStreet.com, asked me to do something when she learned I was going to visit San Francisco.

"Say Hello to My City for me." said the San Franciscan native wistfully.

"My City"?

A few days ago, I was asking directions (a foolish thing to do here out west, I know, but I live dangerously like that..) to get to the twisty block of Lombard Street.

After thanking the man, and heading out, the man, taking me for a moist tourist, shouted "Enjoy My City, man!".

"My City."?

I guess thats the affectionate term peeps have for the place.
-------
"The City and County of San Francisco."

The city official kept saying that all during his spiel.

Maybe thats why its referred to as "The City"?

Hm.






No comments: