Friday, July 16, 2004

Naptime, a disturbing trend

In what Im hoping isnt becoming A Disturbing Trend, I find myself needing a nap, often dozing off on the bus after my excursions.

Being the hypochondriac that I am, Im thinking that this is a sign that my body is weakening cuz of some ailment, and I cant handle trekking here, there and everywhere..

Or it could be that my tiny little mind cant handle the visual stimuli that San Francisco is bombarding me with, and I need to nap to quiet the over-stimulation.

Or it simply could be that waking up at 5:30 am pretty much every day this last year is catching up with me, and I simply need to get more sleep.

Or, it may just be all of the above.
----
For a brief moment the other day, despair flooded my gut.

Instinctively, I activated the Jedi Mind Trix mantra:

"This is entirely out of your control. You can only deal with the things you CAN control. Relax."

Within a minute, the pain went away and I started to enjoy myself again.

For everything is falling into place.
------
I dont remember where I heard this or read this, but there is a school of thought that in each life, you are living it with other reincarnated souls youve dealt with before. No matter their shape, gender or station in life, these particular people are there to assist you, and you them as you go through your lifetime.

Hm. No way to empirically prove *that* hypothesis, but Im coming to the conclusions that there are no coincidences.

Almost every day now, I find myself trekking to a spot, and waiting.

And almost every day now, I meet someone who should not be there, but is.

Yesterday, I stood in front of a restaurant in a sketchy part of town, for so long that habitues was wondering if I were a cop and the cops wondering why I was standing there so long.

The answer came shortly....

"I know you dont remember me, but.."

An aside: Why do some women think that men theyve dealt with may not remember them? My god.
Of *course* we remember. Sheesh. (Although we may not always remember the name.)

Anyhoo, here in an unlikely place at an unlikely time came along someone who had been of great help and will be in the future.

Random? I think not.

Because this keeps happening almost every day.
_--------
Today's excursion, Lombard Street between Hyde and Leavenworth- the crookedest street in america.

It was cool, but frankly Im finding that the journey to and from these spots are FAR more interesting.

I took the #19 Polk, and I wanted to get on and off this bus repeatedly what with all the eye candy I was finding.

Yep, its not the destination, but the journey.
----
A tourist asked me what I thought the houses along that stretch of Lombard were worth.

I guessed maybe 3 - 5 million.

I think I was guessing low, as that would prolly be the price of a CONDO in that area.

Her response, "Yep, San Francisco sure is expensive."

Right. She hasnt priced Central Park West lately...




No comments: