Monday, July 26, 2004


The colors of Law Enforcement.


Song currently on heavy humming rotation

Extraordinary - Liz Phair

Im just your ordinary
average everyday sane psycho...


That just tickles me. :-)
--------
No, I actually asked this of a SFPD cop yesterday...
"Where is the nearest donut place to here?"

At least he had a good sense of humor about it. :)
---------
It wasnt until I saw the MASSIVE San Francisco sherrif's star hung on the side of San Francisco's Hall of Justice (fancy name for the county/city police station/courthouse complex) that I clocked onto something uniquely western about law enforcement here out in the West.

They tend to wear the sheriff's star out here.

Security officers, almost every police jurisdiction et al, their insignia is a variation of the Wild West star.

Innaresting tradition.
-
Oh yeah, and most of the city police cruisers are painted black and white.

This was pointed out to me as someone explained what law enforcement looks like in LA and most of California.

Yup. Still doing my research.


No comments: