Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Showed my face while over in Berkeley the other day.

My hawai'ian friend gives me her scorpionic look..

"You look good."
"Thank you."
"Yeah,you look... happy... that youre in San Francisco."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah, almost too happy.."


Heheh.

Actually, I just dont feel as trapped as I did without my ID in Berkeley.

Weird how it arrived when it did.

---
Among the stuff I picked up were some of my books and magazines I use for reference.

Too much stuff.

So, I started reading through them, with the intent of tossing the ones I didnt absolutely need.

Flipping through the February 2004 issue of PDN (Photo District News - the industry bible for working professional photographers, founded by a photographer I once worked for), reading an article about phone cameras, the name "Manuel Wanskasmith" caught my eye.

"Wanskamith? My friend Manuel?"

Sure enough, they had featured some of his phone pictures prominently.

This qualifies as a Big Deal. A Very Big Deal.

But I didnt remember him mentioning that he had been in PDN. So, I emailed him telling that Id seen the article, had he seen it, and did he want the magazine before I tossed it.

Ha! I kept waiting for them to publish that and then I gave up.
Yes, send it up please!

Thanks, Joe!


Heh. Absolutely. Im honored. :-)

No comments: