Saturday, July 31, 2004

Current song on heavy humming rotation


Good Luck - Lisa Kekaula & Basement Jaxx


-----
Current excursion.

Wandering Chinatown and the Nob Hill areas.

The only way I can determine Ive crossed over into Little Itialy are the tri-bands on the poles. Otherswise, its all Chinatown. Sorta.

Im at a boba-drink place on their wireless connection. Boba and wi-fi, hey.
Its on Polk by Clay Street. Guess this is Nob Hill.
I only came in cuz theyve got a 59 cents special. And the wi-fi.

They dont have Horlicks boba, man.

And naturally, I asked them to leave out the tapioca balls.

Theyve got J-Pop, K-pop, HK-pop and all the other asian pop playing on plasma screen TV's. Loud.

So, Ive got the current song playing louder on my headphones. Eesh.

Oh yeah, I got some Thai shrimp chips in a can in Chinatown. Good stuff for a buck fifty.

And steamed chicken buns,2 for a buck 10.

Different chicken, bro.
-----
By the way, Im not coming back to this place. Boba, Wi-fi or no.

Its a pet peeve.

I never go back to a place that tells you when you ask to use the rest room "It's broken".

That's usually code for "We dont want undesirables using it, particularly black people."

Grr.
--------
Lost track of time, got to the Cable Car museum as it was closing.

I did get to see the massive wheels that run the cables of the cable cars. Wow.

These things date back to the 1890's.

Gotta go back.

Yeah, it's good to meander around without a camera. Painful, but forces one to really look at a place, not to see as a camera would.

But, not for much longer.

This place wont have it. :)

As a homeless guy said to me the other day

"Its a sin to walk around San Francisco without a camera."

Sho' nuff.
------
Whoo. Im at the Apple Store, about to head in.

Dawg tired.

These excursions take a lot out of me.

I see a lot in a short time, the hills are steep, and experience from New York tells me that the simple, constant noise fog of a big, bustling city will wear your arse out.

The honks, horns, sirens, subterranean rumble, clatter, sudden noises, whang, sparks and clatter, which is why I feel rejuvenated when I find a quiet high point in the City.

Unfortunately, these days, the wind and cold at the top of those hills dont make you wanna hang around long.

And there goes your rest.

Ahh well.

I'll try to do all again tomorrow, but different.

Peace out.

No comments: