Thursday, August 19, 2004

Mercurial pattern and flow analysis

This
Ralfee Finn article caught my attention as the month started:

Mercury stays retrograde until September 2nd.

As mercury 'turns around', life on earth shifts into a sort of slow crawl. Many of you know the mercury retrograde drill, but for those of you who don't, here's the skinny:

Mercury symbolizes all things related to communication and travel, including commerce, computers, phones, faxes, mail of every ilk, and traffic.
As such mercury retrograde is NOT a good time to initiate new projects.
(that's right - *nothing* new.)
If you must put something into motion, be prepared for snafus of all kinds, especially lost packages, system crashes, and having to repeat yourself - a lot.

However, it is a great time to review, revise and reconsider.


Absolutely, as over the years, I've come to look at this condition as a time of useful, if oftimes, wrenching, change.

Now, Im gonna go with it. Go with the flow as it were.

So far, not bad, although Im kinda straining at reining back my feelings that I need to DO something.

Experience tells me that I am already doing it and not trip. ;)
----------

Virgo

This retrograde is all about rehabilitating your persona and making changes you've been thinking about but havent had the time or courage to implement.

Yes, that sounds counter to the 'nothing new' rule, but you're an exception because it's time to redefine how you want to be perceived by others.

Conversations with family members stimulate an interest in revisiting beliefs about intimacy. As you contemplate these patterns, pay specific attention to how youj learned to express your deepest feelings and how those emotions were received by others.

Hmm. Wow.

I *had* been thinking about this in recent weeks.

Conversations with my brother and my sister in Chicago had me thinking about things, particularly in light of how I handled recent relationships...

Or as someone put it to me today - gotta shed that old skin. :)



No comments: