Wednesday, August 18, 2004


Nosh of champions

For breakfast
, Im not usually very adventurous.

Specially as Im usually all over, I tend to order the same thing over and over.

Some kinda omellete, hash browns, wheat toast, or an egg sandwich. In fact that was my breakfast when I travelled cross-country.

Otherwise, its coffee and donuts, natch.

But. There WAS something Ive craved. The Hawai'ian brekkfast. Portugese Sausage and rice.

Mmhmm-drool.

I LOVE rice. Man, I was jealous of my hawai'ian friends.

Wouldnt mind it for breakfast alla the time.

Well, at my little favorite hole-in-the-wall donut shop on Sixth Street and Mission, owned by this vietnamese lady, guess what?

Joy.

BIG hotlinks (portugese sausage) and rice. *Melted* butter poured on the rice.

Mm. My current kick.

Good and cheap too. :-D

All I had to do was ask, apparently.

Yeah man, good times.
-------
Awhile back, I was watching some soap opera from the Phillippines (like I knew what was going on), and in a scene, some bank tellers were having lunch.

They were using a fork and spoon to eat!

Interesting.

My analytical mind ran with this. What was the dealie wit this way of eating?

Apparently its a very filipino way of eating.

Ok, so I tried it.

Except fer meat-cutting, I actually prefer it now. So, when I eat at my hole-in-the-walls, I get a spoon along with the regular silverware.

Yeah, sometimes I get funny looks. Ironically, not by most folk, but by asians and pinao folk who wonder how I got into the filipino habit.

Heh. TV corrupts. :)




No comments: