Tuesday, September 07, 2004

At the intersection of need and want

There have been
seminal points in my life where opportunity pulls up, and all that is required of me to catch that train is to show up at the appointed time.

All indications point to today being such an occasion.

Today's horrorscope sez:

You may be eager for success, but are you ready to take on the responsibilities that go with it? That is the question you must answer today and only when you have done that will you know for sure what your next move must be. Remember, once you have signed on the line, you won't be able to back out of the deal.

Fear of success, maybe.

I am a highly ambitious person, but on my own terms. My ego doesnt need to own the world or the approval of anyone to be satisfied.

This can be taken too far, as Ive found when opportunity knocks, and my needs and wants are coinciding, I suddenly become thoughtful and analytical, and usually deciding the risks arent worth it.

Now that the means to get what I want is again peering through my doorway, apprehension is setting in...

Often, I will expertly sabotage that opportunity.

Need and want are coinciding. And there wont be any turning back if I sign on the bottom line.

Hokay.
---------
The most important thing today is that you keep your long-term goals in mind and do not let anyone talk you into abandoning your quest. So-called friends will come up with all sorts of reasons you should give a second thought to what you are doing, but you must be true to your instincts and not be diverted by anything they say. Only you know what you are capable of.


Nah, no one is trying to talk me out of anything.

Just me.
-----
(postscript)

I'll know in a week.

Miami first, huh.

No comments: