Friday, September 03, 2004

When they do the movie, I want Denzel to play me. Ok, fine - Forrest Whittaker.

Last year
, my friend Poo (who is a spiritualist), told me, hey, my ID saga wasnt *quite* over. There was more to the shit sandwich ahead.

Fine, I thought, it's not so bad - I have a temporary government ID at least, and im gonna go get a state ID. It'll soon be over, no big whoop.

Little did I understand how much NOT over it was. It's now over a year later since Poo told me this, and TWO YEARS since all this crap started when the pickpocket snatched my wallet out of my backpack.

My official government card arrived a YEAR after I applied to have it replaced (which was preceeded my MORE drama and delays). And my Cali card, according to the authorities shouldve been sent.

So, since everything in this state requires a california ID, I decided to stop waiting on them..

JPennant: I gotta go to the DMV, get the last missing piece of my ID saga
JPennant: SHIT, I forgot my receipt for my last one.
McClint: i thought you finished that
JPennant: my gummint card only arrived in June, which is how I was able to spring from Berkeley to SF
McClint: Drivers license, Government Card, SS card
JPennant: SS card, Ive had
McClint: you couldnt leave berk without it?
McClint: it's not an american express card ;-)
JPennant: its ID. the only official one I have right now.
JPennant: the temporary one wasnt official enough
JPennant: and my Cali ID never showed
McClint: daaaamn
JPennant: yup
McClint: maybe you should take up living in the airport like that guy in Paris
McClint: :-)
JPennant: hahah
JPennant: nah, Im good ;-)
McClint: they might make a sequel to the Tom Hanks movie "The Terminal" and they could make it about you!
McClint: The Itinerant
JPennant: *kekeke*

(At the same time..)

JPennant: I want Denzel to play me. :D
McClint: And of course Denzel would play you
McClint: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
JPennant: lmao
McClint: that must be the standard black guy dream... to have Denzel play him in a movie
JPennant: damned skippy :-)
McClint: and ever black woman's dream... to DO Denzel
JPennant: natchurally
McClint: hmm actually I'd like to see Samuel L. Jackson play you in a movie like that
McClint: "I want to leave this mutherfuckin airport but you stupid mutherfuckers wont let me!"
JPennant: *squint* Sam? nah
McClint: "And while you're at it give me my goddamn ID card"
JPennant: I dont curse that much, do I? :-)
McClint: hehehehe
McClint: yeah but it would make for good entertainment
JPennant: true
JPennant: of course in the retelling, I'll have a gun in my hand for some reason
JPennant: and a crowd at the end will be cheering me after the climactic scene
McClint: OH! I know...
McClint: a lazy Air Marshal left it in the airport restroom and you found it
JPennant: Am I saving hostages, or maybe my Love interest, who has been kidnapped by a crazed luggage screener?
JPennant: I will have, of course, read about this very thing happening in my morning horoscope
McClint: but of course it will have to be very vague so it can be interpreted in any one of 1000 ways ;-)
JPennant: but then i will remember it just in time to *know* what to do when I see the gun
JPennant: and then Denzel will pause in the middle of the bullets and explosions (of which there will be many - its in the contract) to have an impassioned speech somewheres
McClint: heheehe

And in the continuing ID saga, i found out why I never got the iD.

Somebody at the DMV was clueless and messed up. Natch.

According to them, they didnt know how to classify my temporary government ID, so they put in the wrong code in the system.. changing my legal status. Which made me unqualified to HAVE an ID.

Of course.

*sigh* Is it over yet, Poo?
----
Oh yeah, I still have to get my passport.

*gurgh*

No comments: