Monday, December 06, 2004

Why Dont You Do Right ...

Ever since
my last breakup, Ive been trying to .. do right.

Kinda make up to people I might have not been so nice to.

so, I navigated to the web site of an ex, read up on how she is feeling.

Not so great overall.

I remembered her birthday is coming up, so i figured that I should queue up a birthday card, since I was in the process of doing it for gg and lilbro.

Then, I tried to remember her email address. Mmm, having not sent her an email in years, i was drawing a blank.

So, I tried to work out her addy from her name.

*blank*

My brain could NOT retrieve her name. Damn.

I remembered her face, her mannerisms, her nature, her family, our dates like they were yesterday .. but her name was stubbornly coming up blank.

Have I become so efficient at moving on?

JPennant: man, something happened to me yesterday
JPennant: remember when i dated ***** ***?
Glinessa: yep
JPennant: well, her birthday is coming up, so i thought a card would be nice
JPennant: then I realized I dont have her email
Glinessa: lol
JPennant: eh, no problem I thought
JPennant: i can prolly figure it out by her name
JPennant: for the life of me, I couldnt remember her name!
JPennant: that just freaked me out
JPennant: i mean, i remember everything about her
JPennant: but her name? nope
Glinessa: lol

JPennant: she's another tiger ;-)
JPennant: y'all are too too tough
Glinessa: too too?
JPennant: yep
JPennant: tough on yourselves, tough on the people you love until they prove themselves to you
Glinessa: hahaha

Or, am I just a dick?


No comments: