Friday, March 18, 2005

Im home.

Got into
town, dropped off my bags, went straight to work without even changing or sleeping. Just woke up.

Coming out of the 16th & Mission BART station, lugging my bags, I heard applause and music. There were a bunch of young musicians having a classical music jam session. Not for money, not for fame, just because.
So Bay Area.

Made me smile.

Its not home, but nice to come back to.
-----
Ugh. One thing I hate is coming back from a trip, and my place is a mess. Just like I left it.

Again, the horrorscopes are on target.

You need all the optimism you can get today. Dress in cheery colors. Use your spare hours to clean up a pig sty -- even if it's not yours.


Ohhh, this mess is mine. :)
Yeah, cleaning it up will make me feel better.

-------
JPennant: hokay, im home
misterB: :-)
misterB: just now, or didja just wake up?
JPennant: woke up
JPennant: last night i just dropped off my bags, went directly to work
misterB: nod
misterB: so you feeling R&R'd now?
JPennant: a little
JPennant: now, i gotta free some space off my drive - then I can offload the images
misterB: what was the final total of pics you took?
JPennant: you know, i dont know - but its at least 1 gb of images
JPennant: and becase of how I backup and store my images, i need about 2 gb free

JPennant: heh, i had me hawaiian food before I left LA
JPennant: from downtown LA in the Grand Central market
JPennant: so, I ate salmon and mac salad on the plane
JPennant: (that was $1.50)
misterB: haha
JPennant: then a combo plate ,, mahi mahi, rice, bbq chicken, beef, mac salad for my meal at work.
JPennant: (that was $3.21)
misterB: whoa, cheep cheep!
JPennant: danged reasonable
misterB: its comfort food, I tell ya!
JPennant: indeed :-)
JPennant: the chinese lady who served me, obviously grew up in hawaii
misterB: :-)
JPennant: because she moved her feet like she learned hawaiian dancing since she was a child
JPennant: funny how Im noticing that
JPennant: the way some hawaiian women move their arms and feet without thinking
misterB: hehe

JPennant: I ate a LOT while I was in LA
JPennant: Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles, IHOP, Hawaiian :-)
misterB: yeah... good eats!
misterB: I know tons of good food around here.... too bad I hafta stay away from most now days :-(
JPennant: Must be torture :-)
misterB: sux getting old :-P
JPennant: yeah, Im hungry - but idont wanna go get my usual junk :-)
JPennant: I got a lil spoiled in LA :-)
misterB: haha
misterB: food is as addicting as illegal drugs!
JPennant: hee

JPennant: It took me two hours to go from downtown LA to Long Beach Airport
JPennant: over 2 hours, rather
JPennant: man. the distances
misterB: hahaha, that's why no one here talks in distances... it's in time
JPennant: which is never insignificant Im realizing
JPennant: that was fun :-)
misterB: how far? is answered.. 20 minutes!
JPennant: heh
JPennant: I did a lot of trekking on that last day
JPennant: I wasnt gonna, but I did
misterB: that's a good sign then...
JPennant: Wow. Downtown LA down Broadway is LONG
misterB: like a kid in a candy store...
JPennant: heheh, but of course :-)
misterB: a photographer in LaLa land
JPennant: GREAT light
JPennant: no wonder the movie industry gravitated there
JPennant: Even in downtown LA, I saw a movie crew towing a car doing one of those "driving, talking in the car' scenes. They were towing a gold mustang.
misterB: haha
misterB: nod
JPennant: you'll see what I mean. I got great examples of that light

WOOHOO! COMING SOON TO HOME VIDEO: JOE GONE WILD!

-Clint
-Mar 18 2005, 07:06 am


misterB: I saw clints comments... hahaha!
JPennant: LOL. There IS some of that, re: Venice beach pics. I was being a total perv
misterB: hehe... send me some of those pics you don't post ;-)
JPennant: *kekeke*

JPennant: To be honest, i didnt think I would enjoy my trip as much as I did
JPennant: but I didi
misterB: cool!
JPennant: yes indeed :-)
misterB: looking forward to see the pics!
misterB: of where you went
JPennant: I'll start putting them up tonight
misterB: great!
JPennant: A lot to go through
misterB: yeah, i'll bet

JPennant: 1,014 images
misterB: geeeez!
JPennant: yup

JPennant: yeah, twas a good trip
JPennant: Heh, I bought a lotto ticket at the conrner of Hollywood & Vine :-)
JPennant: hope thats lucky
misterB: haha.. good luck!

No comments: