Sunday, March 13, 2005

Le Girl


Le Girl, originally uploaded by Itinerant.



One o' the frustrating things about my social life in the Bay Area was that I didnt have a camera to document it.

Glinessa: she's cute!
JPennant: she is :)
JPennant: but her looks is not really why I like her
Glinessa: so what does it for you?
JPennant: It?
Glinessa: it = what attracts you to her
JPennant: well, she's funny and and has a sweet unaffected geeky energy while being thoroughly down to earth
Glinessa: lol
Glinessa: what is it about her that you like
JPennant: her smile actually
JPennant: Im a sucker for a good smile
Glinessa: see....there's the "it"
JPennant: but a certain kind of smile.. you know the one I mean
Glinessa: i know...different, but beautiful
JPennant: you know when someone sees you and they tilt their head and gives you a certain crooked smile?
Glinessa: yeah
JPennant: that one
JPennant: she looks at me sideways, rolls her eyes at the fool I am, then gives me that smile
Glinessa: gotcha
JPennant: but since you cant fake that smile - Im a sucker for it :-)
Glinessa: that's true
JPennant: wanna hear how we met?
Glinessa: sure
Glinessa: hit it
JPennant: heh
JPennant: It was when I was staying in the Berkeley mens shelter back in Aug of 2003
JPennant: I was at the local job development office in their computer room, helping this guy set up his email for a job
JPennant: she comes in to search for a job, signs up for a computer, but there were none available
JPennant: except since I was helping this guy, i wasnt using the computer I was sitting at
JPennant: so, I got up and told her she could use it
Glinessa: nice guy
JPennant: so, she comes over.. sits down, playfully bounces up and down on the chair, and declares
JPennant: "Mmm, nice. Thank you for warming up the chair", and flashes me THAT smile
Glinessa: lol
Glinessa: and you were hooked ever since
JPennant: well, no - not exactly
JPennant: :-)
JPennant: but I thought she was very cute and fun
Glinessa: that's cool

Yup. It is cool.

No comments: