Saturday, March 19, 2005

Spring Break in LA


Spring Break in LA, originally uploaded by Itinerant.


Cheap flights are good. $39 to LA from Oakland on JetBlue (advance purchase required).

Greyhound money, and greyhound doesnt have live TV in the headsets. Fast, comfy. I should do this more often.

Pity JetBlue doesnt fly to Hawai'i...
------
Over my years of flying, Ive noticed passengers getting out act differently depending on which destination, which city theyre off-boarding.

The passengers getting off in New York, for instance, largely adopt a world-weary, impatient, look-at-their-watches-a-lot, been there, done this all the time attitude.

Miami, its a loaded down with everything, high-energy, get going attitude.

Jacksonville, slow-relaxed, low anxiety attitude, as most passengers had other planes to catch, long drives to go to get to where they are going.

Chicagoans shrug their shoulders, straigh ahead, serious look, things to do attitude.

My first flight into LA.. it was STRIKING the set most folk adopted.. a self-conscious, hair-styled, everybody-is-looking-at-me attitude.

An hour before flying outta frisco - they were way more relaxed. Wow.
----
I'd under-estimated how long it would take to get from downtown LA to Long Beach Airport, and got there as my flight home was taking off.

This is why I never book the last flight outta town if I can help it.

I was expecting the grief airlines usually give me. Nope, not JetBlue. They instantly gave me a standby ticket, and made sure I had a seat to get home.

I got treated the way I expect to be treated.

Combine the reasonable prices -- I'll be flying them again.

Plus, I like having TeeVee to watch on the flight.

No comments: