Saturday, April 09, 2005

Artist & his work


Artist & his work, originally uploaded by Itinerant.

La Meyer by Michael Johnson

Taken in Havana, Cuba

Michael Johnson, photographer. Love his work.
He's old school, film and traditional prints.

So, I bought a print for my wall. And I aim to get more...

JPennant: bought my first piece of collectible art
McClint: oh really?
JPennant: yup. a photographic print.
McClint: ah. what about that caught your eye and compeled you to own it?
JPennant: Ive actually been looking at that print for nearly a year
JPennant: Its something about the woman
McClint: hehehe so you wouldn't classify it as an impulse buy
JPennant: heck no
JPennant: the photographer told me someone had him do a custom 16x19 print of it.
JPennant: That aint cheap
McClint: golly
JPennant: its the picture of a woman in Havana
JPennant: A Lady of the Night
McClint: aah

I prefer to call it 'Lady of the Light'.

To me, collectible art is stuff you wanna put on your own wall, not what you think its gonna be worth after the artist is dead.

Although, that IS a factor.

No comments: