Friday, April 08, 2005

It's daytime, everybody *else* is awake...

JPennant: Catching zzz's. Leave a message

After work, I get home, I try to get a few hours of sleep. It takes me awhile to fall out.

I dont get many calls usually, but some days..

*riing riing riing*
"Hello?"
*unintelligable background noise*
Hang up.

*grump* Half an hour to fall back asleep.

*riing riing riing riing*
"Hello?"

LilBro calls from NY for mechanical advice and to shoot the shit. Glad to talk to my brother, but now Im wide awake.

This is why I have the History Channel on, lulls me to sleep. Something about Secret Passages.

*grump* 20 minutes to fall back asleep.

*riing riing riing riing riing riing riing riing*
This time its the cell phone, that's in my jacket pocket. I am not wearing my jacket.
By the time I get to my jacket, its stopped ringing and lo, I have a new message.

*sigh* I call, and because there is only one spot in my place that has good reception. Finding the sweet spot, and find that my message function had $@#$#$&*@# reset itself, so I had to set up the message again to retrieve.. Oy.

Got the message, the HR director asking me to give her a call.

I call, we are now playing phone tag. Oy.

*grump* 20 minutes to get back to sleep.

*ring ring ring*
"Hello?"
"Senor Nogali?"
"Urgh. No, you have the wrong number senor."


And so on, and so on....

I just woke up.

Time to go back to work.

No comments: