Monday, November 21, 2005

I played (hooky) with myself today

Ocean BeachTechnically, it's not playing hooky if it's your day off. But dammit, I needed a break from work, school and routine.

Merc retrograde is going according to plan with my attempts at electronic repairs and dealing with relationships going awry, and Im heartily sick and tired of school as well as silly people at work.

So, I played hooky.

I did go to class, but I didnt carry m school back, no books. I put on a schockingly blue aloha shirt and my bush hat. I slung my little bag and packed the monopod and extry batteries and no school books or notepad. After, I took my makeup quiz and did an exercise, I did NOT - I repeat, did NOT go home and go to sleep.

And then I randommed the rest of the day. Heading west to the ocean via the scenic route: ie: jumping on and off the N-Judah streetcar.

I grabbed a sandwich at the Castro Safeway (heavily unhealthy bacon, eggs and cheez grilled wit mayo sammich), jumped on the N-Judah, got off before the East Portal @ Duboce Park and watched Men and Women who Love Their Dogs play with the same and each other.

I took pictures, natch, then took the N-Judah through the tunnel out the other side past the West Portal and out to Ocean Beach to catch the setting sun.

Timed it just right. Ripped off about 200 shots for the pre-, during and post-sunset scenes, into the starlight.

Once I did that, I fled the encroaching chill back on the N-Judah and got off at 9th & Irving, that funky trendy part of Upper Sunset. Although I craved Ice Cream, I also craved some Naan & Curry.

Oddly, it is easier for me to go all the way to the Sunset from my house to the Naan & Curry outpost on Irving, than it is for me to get to the Naan & Curry in the Tenderloin, which is several miles closer to me. Odd.

I like Naan & Curry, for when I Had No Loot in Berkeley, I could blow $3.50 and Fillup mightily with Tandoori Chicken, Naan and rice at the Berkeley oupost of Naan & Curry. Tasty too.

So, for old time's sake, I ordered the same, cept I ordered a Garlic Naan. Everything was perfect, cept they BURNT my !&%#%!@&# garlic naan. No worries tho. I actually like crispily chewy bread anyway.

Along with the pitcher of water and milk tea, I waddled out, looked around the old-fashioned Irving Street neighborhood and spotted the ice-cream parlor.

Shortly, a Hot Fudge sundae of French Vanilla swimming on fudgem covered in strawberries, shaved chocolate and a healthy topping of whipped cream and toasted almonds was sitting in front of me.

*urrp* 'Scuse me.

I got off the N-Judah to transfer to the bus, but went to the Castro Thrift store and picked up some books. A swift ride on the 22 Fillmore got me home.

I am comfy now.

Good to play hooky from your routine now and then.

No comments: