Wednesday, November 23, 2005

In an easy and relaxed manner

Today's
horrorscope:
If ever there were a day to forget about what is largely out of your control (global warming, flu pandemic, toxic slush), it is today. The world gets dirtier, and the average human life is longer than ever. So give guilt and anxiety a rest.

SafewayI walked out of the house without the camera last night, knowing I wouldnt be home until late the next afternoon after work and school. I didnt go back for it, I felt the need to play hooky from the camera, from further routine.

And sure enuff, I didnt even miss it. Much. :)

Right now, Im using as my mantra "In an easy and relaxed manner" for everything. Im doing that to not stress about things and tasks and not succumb to a wash of negativity.

As I told a young person recently, "Life is not that hard".

It isnt. As long as you remember to hang loose. :)
-----
Contrary to years previous where I wrestled to define them to the last minute, Ive already decided as to what my New Years resolution will be.

This years resolution, to be more organized, Ive failed miserably, but I havent given up. It is too important and impacts too many aspects of my life. I will keep working on it, as my resolutions are more ongoing life statements, not something to work on for just a year.

So, this resolution? To lose a measurable amount of weight by working on my diet and being more active. Therefore the resolution is to work on how and what I eat and to be more active.

That does NOT mean Im going on a diet and eating salads. That does NOT mean Im simply joining a health club.

I am going to lower my sugar level and walk up and down the hills of San Francisco, avoiding cabs and walking to and from work. Lose weight to help my knees and metabolism.

To help this, I bought a walking stick. :)

Man, i used to scorn people I saw walking around with walking staffs in the Bay Area. I did, I admit. :) But I now realize they are madd practical.
Now technically, what I bought is a monopod for my cameras, but it doubles as a walking stick. And a whupping stick. But we wont talk about that.

Already, Ive been using as a walking staff, and Oh. My. God. I thought it would simply be an aid up inclines. But nooo.. Ive discovered what shepherds have known for centuries:

I cover a lot more ground, FASTER. A walk of only a few blocks has the blood moving and me breathing a lil heavy now.

Cool. :)

This looks to be fun.

No comments: