Tuesday, December 26, 2000

"..so what is love then?"

"Love is a higher power."

Tisha really wanted to know, and we had started the conversation as to why I dont say 'I love you' easily or casually.

I tried to visualize for her why and how love could be such a powerful and interconnected force, but I think I may have lost her somewhere between the concept of harmonics and angels. :-)

She knows what it is, instinctively - because she is searching for it.

I on the other hand have avoided it like the plague, not because I was so afraid of Love, but I had the feeling it wasnt a trivial thing.

I was right, but I couldnt really tap into its power until I was shown what it was and how I needed to be.

Now, I cant do without love, and I dont avoid it.

But, Im learning to love people, which means I have to accept them....

This last year has been a trying time, where I had doubts even that I would live to see it through.

What has kept me going through it has been the massive amounts of love I have experienced, from folk close and far.

I wouldnt have made it through without it.

Now, the point of this...

Grace Lin Yamamoto, aka 'TigerEyes', mother of Matthew, wife and too-brief love of Brian died in her sleep at 8:30am on Christmas Day.

She was deeply loved.

No comments: