Friday, December 29, 2000

Random thoughts....

(Yeah, I miss the random pix too...)
----------
Bradlee's is closing and liquidating ALL their stores.

WTF???
The ONLY department store I regularly shop at???
Why dont they just close those stores in Bumfreeze, Vermont and Walden's IceLick, Mass that are sucking the corporate coffers dry and keep the righteous hi-traffic ones like in Union Square open???

Shit.

Bradlees is the ONLY store Ive found that stocks a selection of regular clothes for us big guys.

*sigh*

So, the choice.. pay my cell phone bill.. or go look at the Bradlees liquidation sale yesterday?

Hm. I hope they dont cut off my phone this week.
------------------

As we hugged and parted ways in Union Square last nite, Kate yelled.. "Be online more!!"

She knows Im nowhere near a puter usually nowadays, but I understood what she meant.

Im not online often or long enough to talk to.

However, part of the long-term plan is to cut back drastically the time I spend in front of a puter screen, which is why Im not really scrambling to find ways to be online right now

But I do feel like Im losing touch with my network, who are usually on my Buddy List.

Amazing how pervasive all this has gotten since ICQ and AIM came into being in 96...

-----------------

Itsa good thing HappyCat makes that little birdlike meow/chirp as he walks around, otherwise Id trip over him a LOT more as he dashes around to where he thinks Im going to be.

Hmm. Eric (ex-coworker and super of the building Im moving into) was telling me it'd be fine, no problem if I wanted to have a cat there.

I protested a little bit, but rilly - I guess I wouldnt mind having one.. but I think I know why Im hesitant:

A cat, any pet, would be a long-term COMMITMENT.

What?

I never said I was commitment-phobic.
----------
Lissa (aka the incredibly talented and long-lashed Waterbelle) wrote:

< So. A cat person convert. *evil chuckles* >

I shall resist the evil plot cat people like you, Kate, gabz and Fred are plotting to take over the world with those mind control...

Aww. HappyCat is rubbing against my leg and purring... purring...must... obey...

< You'll LOVE the Water Bowl Olympics in the wee hours of the morning.>

I am seriously puzzled. WHY must the blasted cat throw his water dish from here to kingdom come??

Goofy thing.

<< The stampedes for the kitchen when you go get a glass of water.>>

I KNOW!! What the hell is up with that???

A midnight pee run is becomes high drama and a trip to the fridge is like a trip to DisneyWorld!

Kate was telling me her cats go absolutely nuts in the middle of the night and just go madd barrelling through the apartment, making all kinda thunderous rackets...

Weird.

<< And definitely get a laser pointer keychain. Mina and Sebastian go NUTS over them!>>

Heheh...

"YOU'LL PUT YOUR EYE OUT WITH THAT!!!"

I only JUST the other day got around to seeing A Christmas Story and understand why some people crack up at that line.

Nah, my cat will be too intelligent to ferk around with obvious distractions like that.. although I note HappyCat goes into Madd Attack Mode if he spots a leaf on a throw rug....

-------------
So, I said.. "... never you mind Kate, yer a survivor..."

Immediately she quipped:

"Yeah, at the end, it'll be roaches, Cher and Kate.."

She crax me up. :-)

-------------

Lets hope the weather bunnies are wrong this time.. but theyre clamoring for a foot of shnow to be dropped here by Saturday with those oncoming storms.

Dammit. Serposed to hook up with Min Jung Saturday on her visit here.

I dunno, theyre bandying around nasty words like 'major storm', 'foot of snow', 'snow drifts' and chit......

-----------------




No comments: