Wednesday, December 27, 2000


*sigh*

Im staying out in Staten Island.. and except for the sound of an occasional full power takeoff from Newark Airport.. its quiet in this little victorian house while I wait for the apartment..

No sirens. Maybe 5 cars go by in a day. Peaceful.

Its New York, but its not New York.

Staten Islanders pray constantly and fervently that the yuppies and city snobs will keep looking down their noses at Staten Island, and stay far far away - or move to Westchester County, Connecticut or New Jersey..

They only want their friends to move here.

Yep. Such a change of pace.

Its making me wish to clear my license, get a car, rent a house, get a cat.
I could do with a bucolic lifestyle.

No. Really. Stop laffing.
----------------------
I havent taken any pix in a week.

Ive been meaning to go out and about.. but frankly, this bitter cold and constant wind scares me.

This page is looking awful bare tho.

I'll add pix soon.. specially for those who look at a page and go "Whut, no pictures??" :-)
--------------------

Actually, lemme amend the "I wanna be a surburbanite" rant above..

I dont REALLY wanna live in the country.. no no.

Otherwise I wouldnt have moved to NYC.

I want peace, but I also want to be close enough to a city, so that when I am restless (like Im feeling now).. its only a quick mass transit ride away.

Yanno?

No comments: