Tuesday, January 02, 2001



*snorf* *yawn*

Slept all day today.

Gotta get out in the morrow .. pay some bills, see Tish before she leaves for SF etc.

But.. *stretch* I blame the cat.. curled up with me.

I slept good.

Plus, Id rather be curled up than having to deal with the single digit temps and windchills that are still plaguing the area.

Good god, when will the mild temps return?
-----------
SF Gate: Dotcom Yuppies Gone Home; Slightly-Reduced Apartments for Rent

Good.

If the trend holds as the recession deepens, the housing market in NY will become less frenetic and heated.

People are gonna be leaving.

According to reports, rents have stabilized and are already drifting downward...

Veteran New Yorkers know the cycle.

Couldnt tell by me, and it may sound coldblooded - but I like this.

Heh. I like this quote from the article:

"Their gold rush claims are tapped out. And though those who knew them well might mourn their leaving, those who stay are hoping San Francisco will go back to what it once was -- a sleepy, freaky, ridiculously self-obsessed little city with more art than opportunities and more culture than cash. "


Yar. :-)
------------


I offered to give Rich my copy of Office2000 Premium to install on his machine, but he wanted to get a legit copy of his own.

(I admire the guy, for his first machine - he researches and BUILDS his own Dual Pentium III puter. Whoo. Thats the way to do it right.)

So he researches and finds the cheapest price on a copy of Office2K Professional from Memory Shippers of San Francisco, CA. (Remember that name..)

What happens? He finds out as he tries to register it, that he was sold a COUNTERFEIT copy.

Microsoft tells him its already been registered under another business.

Not something that should happen if you have a legit retail copy, shrink-wrapped and all.

Sonavabitch. Its one thing to buy absurdly cheap software, knowing its likely to be counterfeit, but making the effort to buy legit software - and finding its a rip.. and a not very good one at that.
Thats just plain wrong.

Myself, I woulda called Microsoft in a full rage so that they could gut the place with hi-priced lawyers and the Justice Dept...

He just sends an email demanding they send him a legit copy or he'll bust their ass.

Heh. And he still wouldnt take my offer of using my copy.... :-)

-----------------



No comments: