Thursday, February 01, 2001

Hung out with Kate last night, as she was concerned a little for my well-being.

She's good like that.

She gave me her usual 'purring' hug and then another from cyn, as per instructions. :-)

Much appreciated. :-)

My favorite NY restaurant is the America restaurant on 18th between 5th and Broadway.

Great food, and it is in front of an honest-to-goodness fire-station, so conversation is often lit up by swirling lights and firefighters in full NYFD gear walking in to pick up their food orders.

(An incongruous sight in this sleek setting.)

The food IS good there, so that where we went.

Her eyes were as wide as saucers at the expansive menu selection. :-)

Kate didnt expect that this place uses shovels to put food on the plates.

Ergo, she's having Manhattan steak for lunch today and I just had nachos and beef chili for breakfast. *urp*

The desert? A slice of layered fudge heaven called 'Death By Chocolate'.

It scared Kate it did. :-)

Yeah, that was a good night out.

Good to see MyKate have a decent time. :-)

As the meal was finishing, she sighed "I wish it were friday, so I can relax and sleep off this food properly."

Thats what good food, and a lot of it - will do for ya.

Being with a good friend helps too.
-----------------
Jules of LA and her hubby are looking to do a long-wanted trip to New York, and she asked me for suggestions.

Heh. She was taken aback @ how intense I suddenly got....

> Hehe, why do I suddenly feel like a moving target?
>


Because I now feel sorta QUALIFIED to do this, being in NY for a coupla years.

Although I usually demur to natives like Jules of NY, this time I want folk to see the place the way I see it.

Not blase. But uninterested in the usual touristy highlights.

I told Kate about my lil project, and she said "I'd like to do that too... I get folk from the company come into town and I want to give them a tour.."

That reminds me though, there is still stuff I STILL wanna see myself.. like the Intrepid Air/Sea/Space museum and the Ricki Lake show...
----------------------------
As per my determination, I tried not to take any half-assed pix yesterday.

I think I made a bit of progress...




14th Street 4/5/6 train platform





John F Kennedy Ferry, Upper New York Bay











WhiteHall, Lower Manhattan





Wall Street/Broadway station





Brooklyn Bridge station





America Restaurant, Union Square





Upper New York Bay, Liberty Island



No, not so bad.
--------------------------------

No comments: