Sunday, January 28, 2001

Fact: New Yorkers, on a whole - have a propensity for doing and saying things that involve subterfuge and deception.

I call it running game.

They'll tell you thats necessary in this city.

A good majority of New Yorkers have a serious dislike of Caller ID and the *69 callback feature.

They will heartily block that feature.

Why?

They'll say its for privacy.

Based on empirical observation.. the primary motivation is to be able to run game.

Be that as it may, Im doing something about it.

When I see "Blocked ID" on my phone.. I will NOT answer it anymore.

MY original motivation was I didnt want to talk to someone in particular.

Now, I dont wanna talk to anyone who feels its all necessary to block Caller ID.

Thank god, most of the folk who call me dont feel the need to have their phone blocked.

For them, I will answer the phone immediately.

All others, please leave a message.

Interestingly, most who call and have that the block on the CallerID, dont leave messages.

Yeah, I can safely asume most of those folk are New Yorkers....
--------------
Baby, its cold outside...

Well, actually - today it went up to 40 - but I missed it.

I looked outside the window this morn to see a thick layer of fresh snow on the ground.

Well, I rushed out in a sweater and jacket to capture some images.

Fewl.

By the time I came back in, my inner floridian was COLD, chilled through the bones .

Hours later, Rich came back in from shopping and announced "Its warm outside".

Sure enough, the overnight smow had already melted.

But I was STILL trying to warm up from earlier in the morning...

Whoo.

Im praying for 50 degree weather, even if its rainy. So I can dump this blasted knit cap...
-----------------
Oh yeah, been meaning to say:

Thanks sistah cyn, for knowing exactly what was up.

And why.

Good luck on the new gig there Gabz. Based on yer job description tho, you will be madd busy these coming months, so I'll have to IM you on the cell phone.

And yes mom, I'll try to get more sleep.

----------------


No comments: