Thursday, February 08, 2001


I awoke and felt the pressure on my chest, opening an eye to confirm.

Yep. There was HappyCat, curled up and snoozing away on my chest.

Not like he hadnt asked permission, as he kept padding around the bed and my body as I tried to sleep.. but apparently when I didnt respond the last time.. he made do. Heh.

Ive been thinking about this getting a cat thing as Ive gotten used to actually living with a cat.
Ive grown to like it.

Im still not sure if I will be getting one.. (No, Gabz - it was never a sure thing :-).

I mean, Im a dog person - but Ive now gotten used to the idea of having a feline around me.

But having a pet, especially for someone as itinerant as I am, is a huge commitment.

I could not do what Kate did, moving her cat across coasts, making the sacrifices that she had to. Or, as I plan to do - be bi-coastal, I dont need a pet to worry about.

And the thought of giving up a pet when it becomes 'inconvenient', is philosophically abhorrent to me.

Once I take a pet, Im not giving it up - I would change my life around it.

So..
PsychoCat just knocked up Tito's newest mouser - so there will be some adorable black/calico (did I just use the word adorable?) kittens possessing otherwordly mousing genes available shortly.

Best to get a cat as a kitten, Ive heard.

Tito said I can get the pick of the litter if I so desire, but wise man that he is.. he's not pushing me.

---------------

From Master Rao's Chinese Astrology - The Dragon Man

"After a breakup...as for the Dragon man himself, he enjoys a natural state of grace which allows him to forget his sorrows quickly and enables him to resume hunting with renewed enthusiasm and an intact heart. "

Ive always considered Valentines Day as a truly misbegotten holiday.. a wretched period of the year.

Over the years Ive dreaded this period in time, as Ive had to declare, confirm or deny my romantic leanings, particularly when Ive rarely been in a position to do so.

But Ive had an epiphany this year.

Valentine's Day may not be such a bad time after all.

It can be used as an occasion to strengthen or terminate a commitment.. as the strong feelings evoked by this time will either provoke a rupture to anything thats unsteady or strengthen whats good.

Maybe not on that day, but eventually.

Thats a good thing, Ive come to realize.

Whats meant to be will be and what not meant to be.. hey.

Que sera, sera indeed.

I think the powers-that-be knew what they were doing when they foisted this time on us.

Myself, its dawned on me over these last few months that it would be a GOOD thing to celebrate St Val's Day.

The day is really intended to celebrate love, the most powerful spiritual force .... not merely a time to give roses and baubles to assauge insecurities or try persuasion :-).
(Although its never bad to hope for good things.)

So this year, as my sister cyn is doing in the right spirit, I am celebrating Valentine's Day - telling the people I love that I care.

Even some of the people I just like. :-)
-------------
Rich hates 'Friends' with a passion.

Me and Kate cant get enough of it.

And here in New York, they show it twice a day, 6 nights a week.. woohoo!!.

I understand Rich's antipathy though.
I didnt particularly care for the show when it first came out, but I got to appreciate the sublime writing after watching back-to-back-back-to-back episodes Id taped from being on the night shift.

So, now my idea of comfy is curling up to catch an episode of 'Friends'.

However, I fell asleep during tonights episode.

Garn.
------------------------------

No comments: