Wednesday, February 07, 2001


The song that makes me feeling like I want to cry, wail and act like I actually have a five-octave range:

Patti LaBelle's - If Only You Knew
------------------
WHAT does it take?

Do I have to be the Pope?

To turn on the electricity after it has been turned off for non-payment in Bayonne, NJ apparently needs

- An electrician, and then
- A city inspector, and then
- an inspector from the utility

to get the F*$^#%^$ *$^%#% service turned back on.

This is because people have been known to

- skip payment, then turn the power back on under bogus names
- rig illegal meters
- bribe people to have meters turned back on illegally.

Aaargh.

*whimper*

Why does it have to be so hard to simply have a place of my own in NYC?


I'd betcha if I were Tony Soprano - the power would be back on TONIGHT.

Ok, now lets talk about the gas....
-------------------
Song guaranteed to take me back to my childhood..

Louis Jordan's Nobody Here But Us Chickens
------------------
I would still be twiddling my thumbs and wondering if I shouldnt update that damned site if Jules hadnt said 2 years ago this week.. "Start writing and update that damned site!!!"

A remarkable combination of discretion and blunt honesty, her opinion is such that it either gives me pause, a heart attack or enlightnment.

She does it again yesterday by asking me: "So, have you been paid for your articles yet?"

Instinctive answer: "Why no, not at all."

*pregnant pause, birthing enlightenment*

Cause I havent been doing ANYTHING toward what I said I wanted to do, fucking around wondering if I shouldnt take this or that tech job.. that I dont WANT.

Oh, shit.

Yes, Jules tends to do that a lot....
----------------------------
Song that makes me simultaneously horny, jamming and imagining Im in a Louisiana bayou...

Diane Schuur's Louisiana Sunday Afternoon
---------------------------
As I wandered up Broadway, idly snapping pix, the camera flickered.. and died.

Oh shit.

I dont think its gonna wake up this time.

Well, as Rashid said: "You feel like it has paid for itself?"

Yep.

But its damned inconvenient.

I'll fiddle wit it later.
-----------------
Best techno/instrumental blow-the-roof-off mix that makes me feel intellectual at the same time ...

Art of Noise's Beat Box
---------------
Rush hour:

Voice of conducter on crowded uptown Broadway Line train

"PASSENGERS ON THIS TRAIN !!! LISTEN UP!!!

THERE IS ANOTHER TRAIN RIGHT BEHIND THIS ONE.

NOW. STEP AWAY AND WATCH FOR THE CLOSING DOORS!!"

The next camera I get will have a built-in voice recorder....
----------------
The most cold-blooded yet witty pean to New York-style violence and paranoia:

Notorious B.I.G's Warning

"Call the coroner

There's gonna be a lotta slow-singin'
an flower bringin'
If mah Bur-gu-lar
alarm
starts ringin'

Watchu think all the guns
is for?

All-Purpose War

Got the rottweilers
by the door

An' I feed 'em gunpowder
So they can
devour

The criminals
trying to drop my decimals.."


Whoo.

Yanno, I cant stop listening to that.
-------------------



No comments: