Friday, May 04, 2001


She came in with him and cuddled up against him by the subway car doors, smiling and cooing.....

She leaned forward, closer, contentedly sucking her boba drink, chewing occasionally on the black boba tidbits.

His expression didnt change as he pulled out a napkin, and fastidiously started blowing and wiping, folding, blowing, wiping, folding blowing, wiping mere inches from her.

She tried to be accomodating, never retreating from him, but waiting and apparently hoping he could get it done.

Yeah, it was kinda gross, but she didnt want him to think she couldnt handle a little snot.

He was trying to be cool and discreet.. but the allergies were simply kicking his ass.

He HAD to blow to breathe.

Had to give it to her though... the only thing that tipped her discomfort, was that she tipped the straw of the boba cup away from him, so he wouldnt accidentally spray anything on it....

My allergies are kicking me ass just as badly.

I cant go within 50 yards of an oak tree without tearing up and clogging.

I wake up unable to breathe.

Of course, by my window - I have oak, spruce and ivy.

Its pretty bad in NY right now, as the trees are working overtime to make up for the long winter and cold spring.

Of course, there hasnt been any rain in the last month to wash the air of some of the pollen. Natcherally.

In fact, this is one of the few times I appreciate the urban jungle of manhattan, as I can actually breathe when Im there.

Never mind that the air is stinky.

Of course, I walk by a park like Hanover square, and Im in distress again.

Sudafed aint doin it....
-------------
It all started with an offhand comment about being hungry.

In an IRC chat room full of geeks, you wouldnt expect the conversation all night would turn into a discourse on gourmet cooking.

I was there to pick up unix hints, and all we talked about were cooking techniques, and the best pots and pans to have.

Yep, the geek diet has definitely moved beyond the usual fare of Ramen and Mountain Dew....
--------------------
Kate gave me a little knick-knack she had picked up in Chicago...

A graduated long shotglass entitled Chicago's Big City Problem Solver.

Heheh. The notches went higher up the glass, ranging from "Dog", "Job", "Ex" to "Money".

She laughingly suggested I could use me a coupla stiff shots. :-)

You know what? She's right. :-)
--------------------
Trust a New Yorker to notice this...

Riding up the busy World Trade Center escalators from the NJ PATH trains.. a man on the escalators next to me bitched.. "HEY!!! That escalator is faster than ours!!!

Yeah, it was a little faster as we glided past him.

New Yorkers never want to feel like theyre moving slower than anybody else.

I hadda admit.. my first thought was "HEEHEE! IM ON THE FAST ONE!!"

Tito is right. I may already be a New Yorker.
-------------------

No comments: