Tuesday, September 04, 2001

Idle thought(s)..... cant be profound ALL the effing time...

The (internet unconnected) workstation @ home has the Prince - The Hits CD (the 'dirty' one) innit.

Everytime I boot up Quake, that CD kicks in as accompaniment. I find it not-so-incongruous to play a murderous marine to with "Little Red Corvette", "Raspberry Beret" and "Kiss" as background over machine gun fire and grenade explosions.

Anyway, Prince may be somewhat insane, but he happens to be one helluva songwriter, as Ive found many Gemini singers to be (even if youre not into hardcore rap, listen to Notorious B.I.G or Tupac sometime...).
Read the lyrics to the "Sign O' the Times" album sometime for evidence. The lyrics are incredible, even if it is one of his crappiest albums...

So, my little mind has been idly turning over some clever little phrases of his recently.Fer example:

"He told me several times
that he didnt like my kind
cuz I wuz
a bit too leisurely

I was busy
doing something close to nothing
different than the day before
And thats when she walked
oooh, when she walked
In through the Out door..
- Raspberry Beret

Heh. Ive oft been accused of being "a bit too leisurely.." and "busy doing something close to nothing"
"Would you run 2 me
if somebody hurt U
even if that somebody
was me?
- If I Was Your Girlfriend

Deep.

Interesting that some folk see that verse as rendolent of abuse, when it seems as if it was meant as a question of trust.
Would I?
And would I ask that of anyone?

Then again, sometimes folk dont know when theyre inflicting hurt..

"Would you run to me?"

Arent I too old for this? Feh.

And every time I hear the guitar screech this little ditty, I had to smile in memory of her. This is 'her' song...
She was dark - she was tan
She made me glad 2 be a man
She was young - she was smart
Just one glance and she stole my heart
The kinda girl U wanna teach
She's a peach

The hardriving break, then...
She was pure, every ounce
I was sure when her titties bounced
Every way she's a winner
Turn a gay preacher 2 a sinner
No one U want your mama meet
She's a peach

LilBro: You know, I doubt she ever really liked you...
Me: Hm. *mumble*

Thats prolly why this verse rang so true...
I would die if I kissed her
I would try, but I'm last on her list
She's so cool and I'm so ugly
I'd be a fool 2 think she could love me
This kinda girl's always outta reach
She's a peach
- Peach

Heh. Yeah, she was a peach.

I think Prince is a romantic @ heart.

A freaky, *perverted* romantic - but one nonetheless. Cant tell me different. :-)

Just listen sometime...
---------
Did the bridge and tunnel bit to show my face at the family homestead in Brooklyn..
(I really went there for a haircut, but shhhh...)

Hung with LilBro.

He makes me laugh.

When he was a kid, I'd to take him everywhere when he came to visit me in Chicago and Jacksonville (my high-speed...errr.. excursions are *still* legendary apparently).

He's not a kid anymore so we dont do that much nowadays, since he finds it incredibly boring to hang with me ALL DAY (he's a New Yorker AND a restless Sagittarian, oy).
He can take my 'dry humor' for only so long, he sez.. :-)

However, there are times when we do, kicking it for fun - even with his full schedule.

As I napped on Ma's couch, a TV trailer for the new Denzel Washington movie came on.

Wow. He looks like The Devil.

To paraphrase Muhammed Ali : "He's a BAAD man."

Ive NEVER seen him play a villian. Neither has LilBro, who - like most New Yorkers - is an extreme movie buff.

We looked at each other.. jaws agape...

Me: "Denzel? The Bad Guy? Oooooooooh, we have GOT to..."
Him: "... go see THIS mothafucka!!"

Yes we do. :-)

Primarily cuz I dont get to hang with my little brother much anymore.
----
Hey, an actual theme.. okie...

People look at me like Im daft when I take pictures of ads.

Why?

Because they are so impermanent.. specially here in the advertising capital of the world.

Fleeting works of art and commerce, as it were.









I particularly like the ads on the side of the phone booths.







I was trying to get a juxtaposition of Madonna's billboard ad, with the WonderBra ad, all over the Hallmark ad.

Sometimes you just CANT capture irony. :-)
----------
Reading the blog of a regular (and itinerant) reader from OzDownUnder I didnt know I had...
all my friends who are stuck in jobs are all getting in contact now and envying my non conformist working class lifestyle, while i envy their bank balance ....... (you can interpret that anyway you like, but i believe in what i am doing, i just wish i had a trust fund to go with it....)

Yes, Yes YES

Although, from what they telling me about getting a REAL job so that I can take care of necessities and forget this itinerant life of mine - most of my friends arent envying me one iota.
ok. i want to post pictures, i want to create a web site, i want to learn a skill trade, i want to work from home, i need to be creative and i don't want to get head fucked by anyone, man or woman for a while thanks.

A good mindphuck leaves one senseless, doesnt it...
...... i want to have one or 2 summer flings, and fuck on hot afternoons and steamy nights, i want to be happy and carefree, go barefoot ....i welcome my spiritual partner into my life if they are ready yet (just in case they are) ...... i want to make some money, i want to feel on top of things so when the next disaster comes along (and there will be one) i can handle it better than ever before.....i want to drink more beer (than i currently am as i am broke) and i want to watch more sunsets.....i can do it all alone but would enjoy having someone to share it with.....

Well put, *from a peripatetic soul currently floating about sydney*.

Couldna said it better...

Although summer up here is almost OVER, dammit. :-)

------------

No comments: