Wednesday, September 05, 2001

On perspective:

I stood outside the building Id just left on 42nd Street... my mind leaden with depressing thoughts about no money, silly people, apartment issues etc, etc.
I took a picture, then started walking to the Port Authority Building to catch a bus back to Joisey..

"Sir! SIR!!"

I stopped walking and half turned around, expecting someone to ask me directions or for money...

"You have toilet paper coming out the back of your pants." she said with a Jamaican accent.

After a pause, I reached back, found the foot long length tucked in with my shirt.. and busted out laughing.

The woman didnt expect THAT reaction.

Of COURSE New Yorkers wouldnt tell me whats up, they hardly ever do.
It only seems to be immigrant folk who do.
Typical.
I had to laugh. :-)

I thanked the woman as I pulled the paper from my back, and she kept walking briskly with a 'no problem' thrown over her shoulder.

And with that, I felt better - my issues not withstanding.

Even with all the schtuff I had to deal with, I had a smile on my face all day.

I just needed a little lesson in perspective.

That was a good one. :-)

No comments: