Thursday, December 06, 2001

Call this morning to Miami:

Me: Happy Birthday, son.
LilBro: Thank you my brutha.
Me: Hows it going down there?
LilBro: Man, its boring in Florida. Cant do the things I wanna do on my birthday....
Me: Ach, its not important where you are. You can find some decent things to do there. Anyway, hows Ma doin'?
LilBro: Doing better.. <.progress report>... shit, at one point she even rolled her eyes at me, so I KNOW she's doing better.
Me: Heehee. You'd make even dead people roll their eyes at you... :-) Glad to hear it.
LilBro: Yeah, she's doing better.
Me: Good. Gotta see if I can find a way to get down there. Anyway, Happy Birthday boss. Go have some fun. Talk at you later.
LilBro: Thanks brother. Peace.
------

"Chance favors the prepared."


Gah. Easy money. Over 3 grand for a week or two's work I can do blindfolded..

Fuck. But since its out in Central Jersey, and a 45 minute drive one way. Fuckfuckfuck.

Ah well.

On the other hand, I just scored an article in the Bayonne Evening paper. Looks like I have a part time job doing ad layouts.

Excellent. The last 6 months havent gone to waste.

And according to the recruiters, the tech work I specialize in is picking up again.. so the consulting biz looks as if it may pick up.

I just need some cash to stave off homelessness right now.

Dammit. I coulda used that job and that cash right now. Shit.
-------

No comments: