Tuesday, December 04, 2001

Via the delectably surreal yet complex wahine Sun...

If I was a work of art, I would be Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa.

I am extremely popular and widely known. Although unassuming and unpretentious, my enigmatic smile has charmed millions. I am a mystery, able to be appreciated from afar, but ultimately unknowable and thus intriguing.

Which work of art would you be? The Art Test



Oh yeah? Cool. :-)
-----------------------
And then there are times when I wonder if my impulsive little brother is all there...
.
(Keep in mind for this story, New York has steps. A lot of them, and most of them are very steep.)
At Macy's, he found an entertainment center that he fell in love with.

Dark wood, beautiful finish, multiple doors, shelves, space for everything.

And it was priced below cost.

Its a beautiful thing.

Its also almost 7 feet high and weighs nearly 500 pounds.

Guh.

We spent several hours manhandling that thing from storage, to roof of SUV, off roof of SUV, through basements and up several flights of stairs (as it was too big for the elevator..)

So it is no surprise, several times during the day, as I my body threatened multiple aneurysms.. I was driven to shout.. "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU *THINKING*???"

My arms, back, legs, ass are still aching.

Me: "...we COORDINATE things here.. we say "Go on 'three'... NOT 'By the way.. LIFT!!' "

Guh.

It does look good though.
--------

No comments: