Tuesday, December 11, 2001

When I got my first private phone, I bought a standalone answering machine for it.
That is the last one Ive ever bought, as looking expectantly for that blinking red light indicating messages left got very ooold.
Life is like a buncha doughnuts..
Now, my mailbox is my answering machine.

Especially when youre WAITING for mail. Particularly the ones that say "YOUVE GOT WORK!"

At least the ones that come in from friends help. :-)

At least THEY leave messages.
---------
As fred put it..

Sorry I haven't been updating lately. Like someone told me, "Its just too depressing to read your journal right now" Yeah, well, its just too depressing to write my journal right now. These are the good things that have happened over the past few weeks. So, just check in every few weeks. I'll write something and you can choose to read it or not depending on the stability of your emotional well-being =: ).

Way to put it, my sprite-muse. :-)

Why do I mention this? Oh, I had a mild mental snitfit when someone praised how some journallers could be funnyandhilarious instead of all down in the middle of badshit. (*train o' thought*Oooh, I like this joining of words style.. anyhoo)

Sheeyit. Doesnt she know 24/7 brightnessandhilarity in the face of life is a warning sign of insanity?
S'true.
Psychiatrists often tell their patients "If you start feeling happy ALL the time, come see me".

I shit you not.

Plus, Im too GOTTDAMNED old and too GOTTDAMNED broke to be feelin' like $#^#@%$ sunshine all the time.

Now, where were we? Oh yeah... "Havent heard a GOTTDAMNED word from any of the work Ive applied for lately. Sheeyit. Ok, maybe the post office. You can always find work at the Post Office..

Heh. Cranky makes ME feel better.
----------
Now. One of fred's passions is SUSHI. Big ol' time. :-) (Not a Texas style exaggeration..)

Cute little sushi place fred to me to in San Francisco's Japantown. Imagine her delight when she found out this guy was FRENCH. Wait, a <i>French</i> Sushi <i>Chef</i>. Thats *funny*. Me.. I gotta say.. Like wine.. I still dont get it.

Its all seaweed and rice and marinated fish to me. :-/

Small ones at that. I gotta go to Burger King afterward to feel full.

But fred loves sushi to death.

Mebbe its because I havent lived in California, that I dont have the appreciation/knowledge/exposure....

A conversation today between me and her:

> >> I know who my real friends are... the ones who let
> >> me steal the end
> >> pieces off the godzilla roll!

> >Godzilla roll? (*crickets of ignance in the background*) Wassat?

> >> and john bought me the rose roll which was out of my
> >> budget. = :)

> >Cooool. Ummm... whats a rose roll?

--- fredlet wrote back:
> well, these are specialty rolls only found in walnut creek, ca.
> most sushi places do their own sort of rolls.
>
> godzilla roll:
> rice and seaweed around a halibut ( I dunno, they won't say what's in
> it) center. Dipped in tempura batter, flash fried (so as not to cook
> the fish inside and make it fishy) and then topped with vietnamese
> ketchup (the hot sauce with the rooster on it with the green lid) and
Denny's in the middle of Japantown
> unagi sauce.
> yum.
>
> rose roll: (..the best thing on the planet)
> tempura shrip surrounded by rice and seaweed wrap,
> topped with avocado slices, ahi tuna, baja sauce (viet. ketchup
> and soy mayo) flying fish eggs and unagi sauce...
> I'm drooling thinking about it.
> Overall this one has a sweet taste to it... you'd like it actually.

FLYINGFISH EGGS????

Mebbe B was right. Mebbe its the food that is the difference between California and the East Coast.

It sure aint just the water.
---------



No comments: