Monday, December 10, 2001


The temperature got below freezing for the first time this winter.

No snow around here, just a thin layer of ice on windshields, the scrapings looking like a light dusting of snow.

I dislike the cold, but I do like when its crisp, clear and mild like this.

As we sat in court this morn, my landlord was telling me it snowed a bit, with some sleet up in his neck of the woods in Somers, NY.. close to the Connecticut border.

Me and him? Oh. Even though he is beyond exasperated with me (The judge responded to my "he's been beyond lenient with me" with a "Hell, I wish *I* had a landlord like yours.."), we do get along, very cordial. I just cant seem to come up with the cash he wants to see.
Its nothing personal.
He has to do what he has to do.

In any case, I do like this kind of weather.

Just as long as it doesnt STAY cold.


-----------

Random signage...





















--------
This is just for me...

What about the people it takes to build a successful business?
Davis described them as individuals with "a burning desire to succeed, not for the money, but to succeed for the sake of success."
And he named perseverance as his own most important skill.
Orphaned at a young age and having withstood a litany of setbacks and failures in his life as an entrepreneur, Davis today keeps a framed t-shirt outside his office bearing his personal motto: "You Let Up, You Lose."


Cant let up.
---------

No comments: