Wednesday, March 27, 2002

I havent used a film camera in earnest pretentiousness for nearly fifteen years, I reckon.

With the ease of use, cost-effectiveness and handiness of digicams - I had hoped I wouldnt have to, but the gods have made to it that I have no choice but to use an old fashioned filmer for now.

I had forgotten how difficult it was back in the pre-digimon dayz.
Focusing, estimating, guesstimating and hoping the picture turned out the way you saw it.

Gah.

AndAndAnd!!!...

Eckerd charged me SEVENTEEN bux to develop and print TWO $&%&*#&% rolls of film!!!!

Gahrrrrrrrrrr.

6.99 for a 24 exposure roll my ass.

"Im sorry sir, you shot extra pictures on that roll, so we have to charge for the extra prints."

If anyone is listening, CompGeeks is selling closeout Fuji 4700's for 350 right now.

Im not one to beg, but....
-----------------
What using a film camera is forcing me to do is to take pictures.. deliberately.

I think I need to do this, if I want to be a Good Photographer.

To judge my shots deliberately and accurately. Not just fire off random what-the-hell shots.

Its hard to get out of my digicam habits tho.

But, if this what Im serposed to be doing, hey.

So, some randoms from the first rolls that Eckerds jacked me for...



Sunrise Blvd and Florida A1A, Fort Lauderdale.

Hard to tell, but there are FOUR Corvettes in this shot.

This the boat dock on the canal behind the house.



Nah, Florida isnt rilly this pretty.





Oh yeah, this is what it often looks like when Im sitting on the grass by the dock reading the NYPost and having my coffee and donuts in th' mornings.



Part of the IntraCoastal Waterway system along much of Florida's East Coast where many yachts and cruise ships dock....



Yeah, not a bad little camera.

But im scared to go develop another roll of film right now.






No comments: