Saturday, April 13, 2002

Here is my life from the point of view of many folk:

"One lazy mofo who doesnt want to do a lick of work."
"His life is so sad, sometimes I really feel sorry for him and scared for him."
"His life is so depressing, sometimes - I feel weird talking to him. He's so out of touch."
"He needs to get a job."


And then, often from the same folk - the flip side of it:

"WOW. Where are you now??"
"Oh my god, I wish I could be doing what youre doing now."
"Looking at your pictures, I am SO jealous. I wish I could be doing/be where you are."


Or variations on these themes.

Disgust and jealousy. Aint that a bitch.

Most folk seem to be really missing the point..

I dont wish my life on anyone. Its hard and wearying.
But its the life path I picked. For good or bad.
For good AND bad, really.
I give thanks every day.

Sure, I wish I had more money to have more options to travel and be more comfortable, someone decent to share a life with and a cool truck/car to roll around in yadda yadda yadda.
Of course.
Im far from insane, regardless of appearances.

But, if I won money in the lottery - would I change my life substantially?

No. And if having money to waste would get me off track, then Id have to choose against it.

Oh, about missing the point...

Guys, Live the life path YOU choose. Live with the consequences. And if you dont like it.. Choose the life path youd like to live.
For good and bad.

Dont dump on me.

And if I cant talk and laugh and argue with you.. well, live your life elsewhere.

Stop stressing me out.
----------
My canuck pal Poo.. who has known me and shown me love during very "good times" and "bad".. I like the way she defines work:

"Work should be fun with a purpose."

Yar.

A great way to define the ideal life also.
--------------
Revisiting the scene of the crime.. or the Attack of the Mahi Mahi



This is the canal behind the office, and in the middle of the water was where all the ruckus started..



This is the shallows that the fish fled to to escape from the dolphinfish, coming around that curve...



and hiding underneath the mangrove almond tree

This is where the MahiMahi stopped



Here is the shallows where many of the small fish congregate



In fact, (if you stare closely) here are some silverfish, needlefish and bass congregating.

In taht group, I could see fresh scars on some of the fish escaping from predators.

Cut through the scales, skin, fat and flesh.

Not pretty.

But they escaped.

For now.

Normally tho, this little slice of manmade nature is this calm.



With the cycles of life and death underneath the placid surface...









No comments: