Saturday, April 27, 2002

I drowsily padded out of the room Im using for my office to the bedroom, and I saw it.

A huge gecko on the wall by the hallway.

I didnt scream, but gotdamn - it was freaky lookin.

It was freaky because the gecko was trying to match the color of its background.. a white wall, so its skin color was adjusted as it tried to blend into its background.

It couldnt change its blood and guts tho, so the gecko was a light pink, starkly contrasting to the wall and had taken a yellow hue due to hallway light.

And it turning nearly transparent, I could see many of its purplish insides (eyes, heart, spine, footpads).

Ghost Gecko!

I dunno how he got in the house, and my second instinct (the first was suppressing my feminine side and keeping myself from screaming out loud) was to look for the camera to capture this.

But Ghost Gecko was having none of this, and sprinted across the wall to disappear into the darkness of the house.

I was kinda glad anyway. I want the lizard in the house to eat the skeeters that have been eating me alive while I sleep.

But I dont wanna see him.
--------------------
A common photographic technique is to shoot images around sunrise and sunset, as the the low light tend to make objects and people look better.
(Check out any car ad picture...)

I have been sick of taking pretty pictures, so I havent been shooting lately... until someone pointed out, I could take a 'sunset' shot for every day, as theyre almost never the same.

Heyyy, that would make a good ongoing project.

The problem with sunsets tho is that you only have a few minutes to catch the shifting light, so its very easy to miss it.

The reason why professionals love shooting at sunset, is - its not really about the light, its the color.

As one I worked with would say "You cant BUY color like that".

















All taken within a period of 10 minutes before darkness hit. (A demonstration of just how precious time is..)

Cant buy color like that.

No comments: