Monday, April 15, 2002

These days, Im trying to remember the perspective Ive gained over the years.. which can be distilled thusly:

"There are times when you dont even realize youre happy."


Heh. Not the most elegant way to put it - but yeah.

Actually, Im just trying to be grateful for experiencing all this, while trying to shake off the negativity.

Mary Forrest actually spun a far more euridite (if wordy) essay on all this, starting with this quote..
"Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember." - Oscar Levant


Now THAT'S true. I gotta remember that.

However, I also remember what a voice said in a dream of mine a decade ago when I asked "Am I Happy?"

The answer I was given?

"Happiness is not the point."

Heh. I guess Id better stop whining, not worry about the negative people, enjoy the challenge of the work, enjoy the area and continue taking the pretty pictures.

Cause soon, all this will pass.
-----------------
The original reason for the Canals of South Florida was flood control in what is essentially swampland and beach.

In Ft Lauderdale, enterprising developers repackaged it and said "WATERFRONT PROPERTY".

And watch the property values rise...















This area is apparently one of Fort Lauderdale's tonier areas, Las Olas Boulevard.

The houses and boats are indeed impressive, where even some of the *canals* are gated.

But, I didnt hang around tho..

I try not to ogle money.





No comments: