Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Adding up

In South Florida, people tell me, the rainy season starts now at the end of May.

Also happens to be hurricane season, as they tell me of the preparation and evacuation procedures.

Whoa.

Why am I here again?

Hurricanes are cool things to see... from afar.
-------
Someone contacted me, full of viperish drama yesterday morning.

He wanted to tell me just how pissed off he is at me.

Indeed.

It put me into a mood, and inspite of my vow to avoid chanelling the drama - I saw myself channeling that peevishness yesterday afternoon.

Thats not good.

I dont need karma repaying me in kind.

-------
Via Julies blog
Filmmaker Steven Spielberg to Graduate from Cal State Long Beach on May 31st

Steven Spielberg, one of the most accomplished filmmakers in the world, has completed his bachelor's degree in film and electronic arts at California State University, Long Beach.

Spielberg began work toward his degree at Cal State Long Beach in 1965, but left the university three years later to pursue what he hoped would be a successful professional career in filmmaking. The following year his 22-minute short, "Amblin," was shown at the Atlanta Film Festival, which led to his becoming the youngest director ever to be signed to a long-term contract with a major Hollywood studio.

Having already taken a majority of degree requirements while a student in the mid-1960s, Spielberg was determined to demonstrate his regard for college education by completing his degree at Long Beach. He re-enrolled in the university's Department of Film and Electronic Arts in Spring 2001.

He plans to participate in the College of the Arts' annual Commencement exercises at the university on Friday, May 31.


Part of the reason to go Cali was to be a student, starving if need be.

Im not in Cali.

I may be losing sight of what is important.
-----------
Todays horrorscope...

Nah. It doesnt matter what that says.

I feel like Im losing focus of what Im trying to do creatively, personally and professionally.

I trust my instincts, and I know that my time in South Florida is coming to a resolution.

The nagging voice at the back of my mind tells me not to assume anything and not get comfortable.

But things are adding up and Im concerned at what the results are indicating...




No comments: