Thursday, May 23, 2002

I am mad.

I was made the butt of a practical joke, and I was angry.

Grown folk.

I am mad.

But I didnt show it. I never do.

When it became clear I was aware of the joke, contrition was shown and an apology (of sorts) was made.

I am mad.

I told Kate about it. She was speechless.

(No Kate, I only seemed calm. Trust me, I am mad. Not upset. Mad.)

I could become belligerent, accusatory. Whine, cry. Plot revenge. Payback.

Nah.. That would be unwise.

Dont let idiots see you hurt.

Dont let them see how mad you are.

Dont give 'em the satisfaction.

Ive been here before. As a child, as a teenager. As an adult.

Having been through this game, I know what I need to do..

Dont give them another opportunity.

Eat shit now. Shrug it off.

Wait.

Simmer down. Chill.

Return the favor? I can serve a dish best served cold. Or not.

My choice.

Because this too will pass. I will get over it. I have power over me.

Just be myself.

But as I write this now, I am pissed.
-------------
Heh.

Today's Horrorscope..
You'll subject yourself to a lot of self-analysis over the next few days.
You'll keep asking yourself why you allowed yourself to feel the way you did about issues that are of no real importance.

It's good that you should question yourself this way, but just don't take it to extremes or you'll find it difficult to function in the world at large.

Yep. Quite right.

But grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................




No comments: