Monday, May 20, 2002

Today's Horrorscope
You've made more than enough sacrifices lately - now it's time to do something for yourself for a change.
It won't be too long before you feel much happier about yourself, which will make it easier to relax and have fun.

Can you remember what that is?


----
Saturday, I caught Star Wars and Spiderman on the matinee.

Mini review:

Star Wars: (To use LilBro's rating system)... was garbage.

I actually dozed off for abit somewhere in there. I know its a prelude for the main action, and its setting the story for the later events - but GOTDAMN.

Why did we need TWO films, when all this coulda been done in one?
Laura: since episode 2 was already 2 1/2 hours long
Laura: i suppose they could have added 1/2 an hour and called it a day

Zactly.

The action during the last third couldnt come fast enough.And even then., it was almost not worth it. Lotta noise packed into 20 minutes.

Ooh wee.

Its not a good flick when the audience barely responds when it ends, and no one sticks around to check out the credits.

Im glad I missed Episode 1. Jayzus.

Spiderman: Rocked. Oh yeah, LilBro's rating system : Madd Sublime.

I was scared the movie process woulda effed up the Spiderman story. Nah, they did a good job.

My way of rating a movie boils down to this question.. Would I pay full price to go see it again?

Stars Wars? Oh hell no. Im glad I didnt pay retail to see it. Im also glad I didnt download it. :-P

Spiderman? If I can pay matinee sure, but even if I hadda pay full price.. absolutely.

Why did West Coast Intellectuals have a problem with this flick again?.
----------
Walking out of the theater, I saw a huge lake in the parking lot, I thought a water main had broken.

Nope, it was just a passing South Florida shower.

People hadda wade though ankle deep water to get to their cars. So did I.





So I decided to chase the rain cloud to the beach...
















The thundercloud was spitting lightning as it headed out to sea

I thought the lifeguard stand was interesting









By the way, Brian.. was this the hotel you and your family stayed in when you were in Ft Lauderdale?

This is the Howard Johnson on the beach. Or was it the Marriott, that looks similiar?






A prelude to the yesterday's day long downpour...

















No comments: