Friday, May 03, 2002

Hmm. Which New York movie to go see?

Spiderman? (*Spiderman, Spiderman, your friendly neighborhood Spiderman..here comes the Spidermaaaan*) or the first Woody Allen movie in years that actually seems to be worth the price of admission, Hollywood Ending?

JPennant: I was trying to decide which flick to see tonight.. Spiderman or Hollywood Ending
tammy: i think you basically have to buy spider-man tickets prior to going

Gah. She's right.

JPennant: Heehee. Innaresting how the West Coast papers are lukewarm over the Spidey flick
JPennant:: while the East Coast papers are falling all over themselves.
yamB: why dat?
JPennant:: I think its the 'Gotham City' syndrome
JPennant:: For many Californians, if they cant relate - it might as well not exist.
JPennant:: Even if they'd like to see it.
JPennant:: Thats my theory so far
JPennant:: The Post, Daily News and Times gave it a thumbs up
JPennant:: the SF & LA papers kinda went 'eh"
yamB: my theory is that it might be because we see so much "fantasy" all the time, that unless it's really "different", then it's time to hit the beaches :-)
JPennant:: LoL


Ok, ok - I wont front. It's gotta be Spidey. Crowded or no.

Maybe I'll try to catch a midweek matinee.

I hate da crowds at da theater.

Who else likes empty theaters?

No comments: